City of Georgetown, Texas
City Council Regular Meeting
September 10, 2019
Consideration and possible action to approve a Resolution granting the petition for the voluntary annexation of an approximate 1.123-acre tract of land in the J.B. Pulsifer Survey, Abstract No. 498, and directing publication of notice for proposed annexation, for the property generally located at 34 Skyline Drive -- Sofia Nelson, CNU-A, Planning Director
Overview of Applicant’s Request:
The applicant has submitted a petition to annex an approximate 1.123-acre tract of land generally located along Skyline Dr. The action required of Council is to hear a petition for voluntary annexation submitted in accordance with State Law, and take action to grant or deny the petition.
If the petition is granted, City staff will proceed with the following tentative schedule:
- September 10, 2019: Resolution granting the Petition for Annexation
- October 8, 2019: 1st Public Hearing held at City Council Meeting @ 3pm
- October 8, 2019: 2nd Public Hearing held at City Council Meeting @ 6pm
- November 12, 2019: 1st Reading of Ordinance at City Council Meeting
- November 26, 2019: 2nd Reading of Ordinance at City Council Meeting
City services, including police and fire protection, emergency medical services, solid waste collection and disposal are immediately subject to the property. Extension of capital improvements such as water and wastewater systems will be subject to the City’s utility extension and improvement policy or the terms of any potential agreement with the property owner.
Ethan Harwell, Planner